Try out these questions, can you answer all of them correctly? Synthesis and Transformation 1. “Who is this boy you are playing with?” Mrs Brown asked her daughter. Mrs Brown asked her daughter__________________________________________________. 2. Rubber is used to insulate the wire. ___________________________________ with _______________________________.
3. The tap is leaking. Water is being wasted. __________________________________resulting ______________________________.
4. My uncle brought me to the city. He also found a good job for me. Not only ________________________________________________________________.
5. The boy took some money from the drawer. His mother walked in.No sooner ______________________________________________________________ .
6. Mary did not attend training yesterday. She did not come to school today.Mary neither _____________________________________________________________.
Grammar 1. Mrs Chan is displeased to learn that not one of the pupils __________ brought a dictionary to class.(1) has(2) have(3) had (4) having
2 Mabel __________ down on the bed to take a nap after she came back from school as she was having a headache.(1) lie(2) lied(3) lay(4) laid
3. The sisters regret __________ the king the secret about their brother. (1) tell(2) to tell(3) have told(4) having told
4. All but Michelle _________ very keen on having a class party at the end of the year. (1) is(2) are(3) was(4) were
5. Almost all the shops located in this shopping centre _________ closed during the recent New Year period. (1) is (2) are(3) was(4) were
6. “Our grandparents’ habit __________ to cook dinner for us every day till they became too old to do so,” said Barry.(1) is(2) are(3) was(4) were
Answers are found below the page.
This is just a small sample of the questions we use to prepare you for your examinations. Wishing you all the best!!!
Q1. Mrs Brown asked her daughter who that boy she was playing with was. Q2. The wire is insulated with rubber. Q3. The tap is leaking, resulting in water being wasted. Q4. Not only did my uncle bring me to the city, but he also found a good job for me. Or, Not only did my uncle bring me to the city; he also found a good job for me. Q5. No sooner had the boy taken some money from the drawer than his mother walked in. Q6. Mary neither attended training yesterday, nor did she come to school today.